Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fresh Strawberry Cake

With spring starting strawberry prices are great and this makes me happy because I love strawberries. With that in mind Steven and I made this amazing cake last night for our friends Brent and Marybeth. It was so stinkin good I just had to share. I found the recipe in a church cookbook from Arkoma First Baptist Church. It is my friend Sarah's grandma's recipe. Got love recipes that get their start like that.

Fresh Strawberry Cake

1 box white cake mix
1 box strawberry jello
1 cup oil (we used applesauce)
4 eggs
1 big cup crushed fresh strawberries

Mix all ingredients well and bake at 350 for time said on cake box. (I actually had to cook the cake for 45 minutes)

Icing
1 lb powdered sugar
3/4 of a stick of butter
1/2 cup of crushed fresh strawberries

Mix icing ingredients well. Pour over cake while cake is still hot. Take fork and punch holes in cake and let icing soak in.

This recipe actually takes a pound of strawberries between the cake and the icing. We capped the strawberries and then mashed them with my potato masher.

This was so yummy. I am pretty sure they might serve this cake in heaven.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not even a huge strawberry fan, but this cake WAS A DELIGHT! Seriously, I've never eaten a better-tasting cake. Print off this blog, make this cake, and eat it, right now.