Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ladies Retreat

I went to the BGCO Ladies Retreat this weekend with some of the most precious women from my church. My wonderful husband had both of our boys by himself Friday and Saturday. He is such a good dad and I came home to a clean house. How amazing is that.



I had such a great time to getting to know some of the ladies better and hearing a word from God. This is a pic of us on Friday morning before we loaded up to leave.

The theme this year was Interrupted. I would definitely say God interrupted me this past weekend. The speaker this year was Jen Hatmaker and God most definitely spoke through her. I have been re-evaluating my life to see if I am just "serving the saved" or am I making a difference in the kingdom. I highly recommend her book Interruped and Francis Chan's book Crazy Love. God has really been using both these to shake things up in my life a bit. It's so good when He does this so we don't get complacent and happy where we are, but it really messes with me.

I am going to sign off for now. I am going on another retreat this coming up weekend; a scrapbooking retreat this time, and I need to start getting things ready. (Isn't my husband awesome for letting me be gone two weekends in a row.)


No comments: