Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Doctor Appointment and Recipe

Levi had a check-up yesterday with his pediatrician. Everything was just fine. He gained two pounds and grew an inch in the last three months. That hasn't happened for a very long time. I guess the new food he is on is really agreeing with me. So thankful for no news.

Here is a recipe I wanted to share with you. I found this in the little cookbook that came with my crock pot.

Corn and Beans

1 tbs olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, diced (I used 2, we like spicy)
1 clove of garlic, minced (bust out your Pampered Chef garlic press)
2 cans (16 oz) light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 bag (16 oz) frozen corn
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper

Heat oil in medium skillet. Add onion jalapeno peppers and garlic. Cook 5 minutes or until onion begins to soften. Add all ingredients (including onion mixture) to crock-pot. Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours or on high 2 to 3 hours.


Yummy! And you gotta love a good crock pot recipe. We had this as a side dish last night with meatloaf. But it would be super yummy served over rice as a vegetarian main dish. It makes a bunch too so it would also make a great pot luck dish.

1 comment:

marie said...

I'm so thankful Levi is gaining weight and had a good checkup. I love him so much! You and Steven too!

This recipe looks delicious. I will try it soon.